Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Wall weaving


I made a wall weaving last week.  And I love it.


But it didn't start as love.  It started as quite the opposite.


Why?  Because I didn't know what I was doing.  And it takes forever.  And leaning over the loom hurt my back.


But slowly, I fell in love with the process.  The slow creation of something beautiful. And I tweaked a few things to help my back.



And can you see those textures of yarn?  How could I not fall in love with that?  See that tan one? The one in the lower right corner?  It's as soft as a stuffed toy.


I couldn't help myself.  By day 2, I was in love.  By day 3, I was wanting to open an Etsy shop.

I dare you to go to Pinterest and search for wall weavings and not fall in love.

Oh, the spark of trying something new and falling head over heels....

Next up, one for Emma's room.

Unless, of course, you want to commission me to make one for you...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Just WOW! I would have a mental break-down if I tried something like this. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete